Saturday 14 July 2012

College Poetry


College was a very tumultuous time for me. I'm not sure if it was my age, hormones, the novelty of situation or if I was just really very angsty when I was young. Whatever the case may have been, it was a very productive time when it came to my art and writing. I would churn pages and pages of poetry and prose scribbled on several notebooks. I would spend several hours a day sitting and smoking at the fast food joint in front of the Ateneo writing. That's why it was no surprise that some of my writing found themselves written on pieces of McDonald's napkins.

Love and life was bittersweet during college, probably because I felt everything so much more deeply during that time. Most of those emotions found themselves on these pieces of paper. When I went to the U.S. I even bought a special notebook just to house these scribblings. Being the wannabe artist that I was and still am, my visual artistry also found their way onto these pages. Here are several of those selfsame pages, scanned and cleaned up with Photoshop. I hope you guys like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment