Friday 19 January 2018

The Return


I have been gone for far too long from one of my greatest passions… writing. It’s just that life happened, and as with things caught in the periphery, life has a way of pushing things aside.
Life has been a whirlwind the past few years. I had migrated to a different country, had gotten married and had also started a new career. Some passions had to be reassigned to the upper shelves for a while, gathering dust, so as new passions could be given an ample chance to take root. Some things had to be momentarily forgotten to give way to new memories.
Now that the dust has finally settled, things that have been put away for the winter can be taken back out and dusted off. I first started with the visual art. Not only have I started painting again, but I have also been dabbling at great length with collage techniques, encaustic media, and resin. I have started with photography and media art again as well.


The goal is to create one new thing every day. It may be as simple as a doodle or a poster for work or a train of thought scribbled on random pieces of paper. The important thing is keeping it and following through until it either dies a natural death or blossoms into a painting or a short story or a poem. The options are endless and the willingness aflame.
            This is an invitation to take the journey with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment