Sunday 7 April 2013

Relish: Hello, Happiness!


Tucked away in Scout Limbaga near the corner of Tomas Morato sits a little restaurant that's equal parts style and substance. Curious about the place after seeing it on a lot of people's Instagram, I decided to check it out myself. Armed only with my IPad and a pair of mint green jeans, I wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

Seeing the resto up close for the first time is like being hit by a leaf blower on the face. The freshness of the interiors arrests your senses in a sea of Provencal throwpillows and taupe. The interiors remind me of those quaint Cape Cod retreats done by Rachel Ashwell.

Still, with all its style, it does not lack in substance (or, in this case, sustenance). I tried the Lengua in Creamy Sauce and it was heaven on earth. Lengua has always been a go-to comfort food for me, and theirs does not disappoint. The added flavor of the Garlic Mashed Potatoes totally drove it home.

After this meal, I treated myself to Sansrival and it was divine. I especially like the crunch in their crust.

All in all, Relish was a wonderful experience. Happiness really did drop by and say "Hello!" to me that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment